Jewel is currently in Charleston and has just finished another round of significant owner upgrades. This privately owned 4-Cabin owners version yacht simply cannot be compared to other Lagoon 500's - she is better equipped, better maintained, and looking fantastic from her recent haulout and wax job.
As of June 1, 2011, the following things have been added or done to Jewel in Florida:
1. A brand new array of solar panels were added to Jewel and installed off the stern. These new solar panels are state of the art. There are four new 210 watt panels and in good sunlight they generate 50 amps. They are regulated by a three-stage Outback Solar Regulator. Between her solar, her new LED's, and the generator, Jewel is as energy efficient and ready as you can possibly make a voyaging catamaran.
2. The owner has converted all the ligthing in the boat to LED's, and is currently finishing up outdoor bimini LED lights.
3. Jewel now has a brand new Copper Coat bottom job that cost over $13,000. You simply cannot get a better bottom paint job than the one she just underwent.
4. The owner decided it was time to service the saildrive legs, and determined that the starboard drive was not in ideal condition due to water incursion from a fishing line that attacked the seal, so he elected to replace it, along with all new seals on the port drive.
5. As reported earlier, some six months ago owner elected to install all new AGM batteries, amounting to 1,300 amps hours. He decided, however, to place the batteries on two seperate banks so that, if one battery went bad, it would not do damage to the entire system and provide the safety and redundancy he wanted for voyaging.
6. He added a top flight dual fuel filter system to both engines at this most recent haulout.
Jewel is the second Lagoon owned by her fastidious seller. We previously sold his Lagoon 440. He bought Jewel a few years ago and sailed her extensively in the Med, Carribean, and up the U.S. East Coast. Like his previous boat, Jewel has been maintained to top order by a man who has serious sea miles under his belt. And he has equipped her intelligently for both distance voyaging and luxurious comfort at anchor. You can see by clicking on our full specs tab that she is very well equipped - big Onan 11 KVA genset, 40,000 BTU's of aircon, LED lighting, ice maker, cockpit fridge, two interior freezers and fridge, owner version shower and head in the four cabin configuration, gennaker, para sailor spinnaker, storm jib, a massive, brand new 1,380 AMP hour house battery bank, all new solar array, full Ray Marine instrumentation and autopliot, Furuno Radar, etc. To learn more about Jewel, please see our full specs listing or just give us a call. Owner is motivated to sell and will consider serious offers from qualified buyers. As owner is enjoying Jewel this summer, and sailing about a bit, please call us for her current location and showing instructions. As of June 1, 2011, she is in Port Canaveral, Florida, but plans are to head North toward Charleston shortly.
Disclaimer: The Multihull Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
These are stand up people, who make a stand up product. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
~ Jay Clark, Dolphin 460
I just wanted you to know that your level of service and the high degree of customer satisfaction have made owning my Dolphin a great experience.
~ Daniel Zlotnick, Dolphin